Baby Sunscreen and Other Sun Protection Devices
There was no baby sunscreen and related items back in the old days. This was despite the fact that the lure of the sun was something that was very central for mankind.
The reason for this is fairly simple and hinges on the fact that the sun, directly or indirectly, is the source of all forms of energy on the planet.
However, due to pollution and the poor environmental condition of the planet, the sun is no longer as safe as it used to be. In contrast to earlier times there are dangers of basking in the sun like UV rays, and these dangers are especially damaging for babies and children.
Protection from the negative effects of the sun or UV protection is crucial for children, particularly because they are still developing and have not achieved the kind of hardiness that adults have.
This is why baby sunscreen and related items like baby sun hats are so important. The following are some considerations on the former and the latter for your perusal.
* If you are planning to go to the beach with your child, you must make sure that he is wearing water resistant baby sunscreen that has an SPF rating of a minimum +15.
* As a parent who would not hesitate in protecting your child from the dangers of being in the sun too long, you should also use a baby sun hat. A baby sun hat can provide SPF protection of around +50.
* SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor. An SPF of +50 would mean that your baby would be able to be in the sun for 50 times the period that he would be able to do the same without the hat.
* When you go shopping you will see that there are a variety of sun hats available in the market.
However, even though you have so many options available to you, you must try to find a sun hat that has wide brims so that it can protect your baby as much as possible. If the baby sun hat has a wide enough brim, you would not need to reapply the baby sunscreen as often.
Even better than a baby sun protection hat with a wide brim would be a baby sun hat that has a curtain to protect your baby's hair.
* In addition to this, when you are in the process of selecting the sunscreen and sun hat for your baby, you should also look into the practical aspects.
For example, in terms of the sunscreen, you should ensure that it only has organic ingredients and in terms of the sun hat you must try to find one that has a string.
Your baby's skin is very susceptible to the dangers of ultra violet radiation and plain simple heat from the sun. Hence, you must find the best
and baby sun hat for your child before you plan an outing in the sun.
The above mentioned tips are designed to help you with this, but if you need more there are multiple sunscreen products and baby sun hat reviews online that you can peruse through.
Join in and share your experience or story. How?
Simply click here to go to Sunscreen Stories and Reviews.
Return to Home Page
Return to the Top
Return to Organic Sunscreen