OUCH! Won't Do That Again!
(Apopka, Florida, USA)
One beautiful day in Florida, my husband and I decided to take out our little fishing boat we had at that time.
We were going to do a little fishing, which is something we really loved to do.
Anyway, we went and launched the boat and off we went.
Neither of us put any sunscreen on, why I have no idea but that proved to be a big mistake.
We were catching quite a few fish and decided to stop for awhile and get a bite to eat. We had packed a nice basket of food.
After we ate the sleepiness set in, you know the kind where you just cannot keep your eyes open anymore!
Well, we went to a nice spot and threw the anchor in, and fell asleep.
Two and half hours later he woke up and started yelling for me to wake up, I did and oh my goodness, I was as red as a beet!!
For some reason, he was not as bad, but as for me, I knew I was in trouble.
After returning home, and a nice painful shower, I became even redder!
I had to go to the hospital because I had gotten sun poison. They gave me some antibiotic cream to apply, I got blisters, nausea, and it was really bad.
I found, after all the cream was gone, that fresh aloe really helped me from scarring, and the healing was faster also.
I just took the plant and split the leaves/branches open and smeared the liquid inside on my burnt areas.
I recommend aloe to anyone who has burns like this, but please if it is really bad, go to your doctor first, sunburn
can be serious.
Needless to say, that never happened again.
And I am glad to say that today I am fine and have no scars. Sun AllergyHuman SkinUV IndexUV Rays