Sun Allergy: Proper Diagnosis and Treatment is Important

by Seema Mishra
(Nagpur, Maharashtra, India)

I always used to wonder why I get rashes on my skin as and when sunrays become intense. That used to happen only when I went out and spent some time in direct sunlight.

Then I came through an article about sun allergy, so I consulted my doctor. I was lucky as it was at an early stage and would probably do quite less harm to me.

In fact these rashes even increase and they can become bumpy or hive-like, according to the doctor.

My dermatologist also said that it can affect anyone i.e., children and adults as well as men and women in the same way.

This is called PMLE, which is an abbreviation to Polymorphous Light Eruption.

It is not necessary that any rash that is red or bumpy will be PMLE so a simple blood test called an ANA i.e., antinuclear antibody test can be done for perfect diagnosis.

If the person is affected he will have to undergo some more tests and then treatment.

So even if it is in an early stage like that of mine, you must consult your dermatologist so that it can be treated as soon as possible.

Enter your E-mail Address

Enter your First Name (optional)


Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.

I promise to use it only to send you FREE Sun Protection E-Zine.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Sun Allergy Stories.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker