Sun Protection Umbrella and You
Do You Go Out Without a Sun Umbrella?
Sun protection umbrella or UV beach umbrella are designed to keep you protected from the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays or ultraviolet radiation.
The sun umbrella is also known as sun parasol, patio umbrella or UV umbrella.
When you hold them up properly or install them at the correct angle, your whole body gets protection from the sun especially when UV index is very high.
I know that whenever I use my sun umbrella, I feel 10 to 15 degrees (F) cooler than what the temperature actually is.
However, my primary goal is the prevention of skin cancer, especially malignant melanoma.
Have You Ever Come Home with an Itchy Scalp?
Well, chances are that your scalp got more than its share of sun exposure or UV rays.
Therefore it was burned or in other words got sunburn.
Naturally this could happen to any part of your body which was exposed or lightly covered.
Unfortunately, this could set up your skin for problems later like malignant melanoma.
Why Should You Use a Sun Protection Umbrella?
When you are outdoors in the sun, your whole body is subject to the sun light and UV rays.
• Your sun protection hat alone may not protect you.
• If it's too hot, you may remove your sun hat.
• UV umbrella keeps you cooler when under the sun.
• It gives you extra sun protection
How Do You Pick a Good Sun Umbrella or Beach Umbrella?
It must have a UPF rating of 50+.
Normally the sun protection fabrics are rated by the UPF number. UPF stands for Ultraviolet
So the higher the UPF rating the higher the UV protection will be.
I prefer a UPF 50+ rating in my sun umbrella and uv protection clothing, which translates into a 98% blockage of the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Also water resistant
sun protection umbrella
is better for all kinds of weather.
Which type of sun protection umbrella is better?
I recommend the kind which,
• Exterior surface color is reflective like silver
• Interior surface color is dark and non-reflective (for reducing UV reflections)
• Has two tier structure built in so the wind blows thru it
• Is lightweight and water resistant
• Has air Ventilation built into the sun umbrella
• Has the widest diameter (minimum 3 feet for handheld, 6 feet for beach umbrella)
• Is made as travel sun umbrella and gets folded to less than 8 inches long.
Join in and share your experience or story. How?
Simply click here to go to Sun Protection Umbrella Reviews and Stories
Return to Home Page
Return to the Top