Overdosing on Light

by Kyle
(Moorpark, USA)

So there I was at 15 years old, ready to go on a beach trip with my group of friends from church.



I remember my mother telling me, don’t forget to put this on, handing me a bottle of 65 SPF waterproof sunscreen. I got into the bus after fellowshipping with the group.


We arrived at around eight-thirty in the morning. I remembered what my mother told me yet I didn’t put any sunscreen on, and I chose to wear a white t-shirt.


Let me tell you that was a big mistake!


The thought never crossed my mind that I have not been in the sun for at least 8 months, and was white as snow.


After about 8 hours of having fun at the beach, eating burritos, and just relaxing in the sun.


We got back into the bus and as soon as I sat down I noticed the burning sensation.


One of the cute girls noticed I was really red, and let me view in her mirror.


Wow! I was really, really red! Like lobster red.


I got home and immediately put Aloe Vera gel, on my back, and told my mother regretfully that I had a bad Sunburn.


That night I couldn’t move in my bed, the pain was unbearable.


Sun Allergy

Human Skin

UV Index

UV Rays








Enter your E-mail Address


Enter your First Name (optional)



Then



Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.

I promise to use it only to send you FREE Sun Protection E-Zine.




Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to UV Rays Exposure Stories.


Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker